Do you have to replace a missing tooth? Cheap dental implants in Sydney is here for you. But you have to know if you are an eligible person for the treatment. Not all edentulous are capable of having an implant surgery. First, visit a dentist and be truthful about your medical condition and personal habits. He will be able to decide if you are an implant candidate or not.
Here’s the list that checks if you are an implant candidate:
- It is required that the person should have healthy gums.
- You must have enough bone to anchor the implants onto the jaw. If that’s not the case, the bone must be rebuilt before the procedure.
- If you are still a child whose jawbone has not stopped growing you cannot have the procedure.
- Pregnant women are strictly advised to avoid most of the dental treatments. Implant surgery is one of them.
- You should not be an alcoholic who cannot follow the instructions after the procedure such as no smoking and regular check-up with the dentist.
- If you have ever received high dose radiation treatment on the head/neck, then implant placement is a big no for you.
- You cannot have the treatment, if you are with any chronic or systemic problem which includes uncontrolled diabetes, connective-tissue disease, Haemophilia, and significant immune deficiency. But the severity and extent of the condition is analysed before coming to a decision.
- Taking certain medicines such as steroids or drugs that suppress the immune system does not make you a capable person for the implantation.
- If you have the habit of severely grinding or chewing your teeth, this puts too much pressure on the implants which increases the risk of failure
Some of these problems are just minor snags and can be rectified easily. With proper effort, you can raise value to your face with a beautiful smile.