Like other parts of your body, teeth play an integral role. However, most of the patients do not understand the importance of healthy teeth. Teeth are also one of the most important aspects of your body. But, many take it for granted, most us even forget that teeth, too, like any other body part need to be taken care of. If a missing tooth is not replaced, you may develop cavities, infections, teeth shifting, crowding, and various types of health issues.
A person’s smile is one of the first things people notice and a first impression will be made based on your appearance. Missing teeth can make someone make false judgement about you, without properly getting to know you first. Though it is an unfortunate happening, but the first impression always sticks in the back of a person’s mind. However there are things you can do to help you correct your teeth.
Causes of missing teeth
If you feel that you are the only one that misses a tooth, do not worry. You are not alone. Yes, millions of Aussies have one or two missing teeth. Here are some reasons why you may be missing teeth:
- Bad oral health can lead to cavities, which in turn decay your teeth,
- You had some teeth pulled out as a result of bad oral health, or
- You lost one or more teeth due to injuries and accidents.
What can missing teeth do to you?
If you have been putting off the tooth implants Sydney surgery, there are some things you need to know about what do missing teeth can do to you.
- Missing teeth can lower your self-confidence
- It can affect your smile
- If you have lost many teeth, the skin around your teeth may start to shrink and make you look old
- Missing teeth can get in the way of chewing your food and the way you speak
- It can increase the risk of tooth decay and gum disease
- Some people may even find that they lack the confidence to smile because of missing teeth
If you are missing one or more teeth, you need to consider replacing it with affordable dental implants Sydney.
Why replace missing teeth with tooth implants Sydney?
A dental implant is a small, durable titanium screw which is made of a biocompatible material. It is drilled into the jawbone and it acts the root of the replacement teeth. Implants look, feel, and function like a natural tooth and it has 98% of a success rate than other teeth replacement options like dentures. In addition to replacing a broken and missing tooth, dental implants can also be used to provide support to removable dentures.
Cost of dental implants should not bother you as it can dramatically change the life of someone. If not now, when are you going to replace your missing teeth? Consult your dentist today.