Dental implants involve surgery to replace a missing tooth. In fact, it is a long process that requires several procedures to be done over several months. While it might take a long to get the new prosthetic tooth, the result is amazing, and you will be immensely benefited.
With advanced dental technologies and techniques, dental treatments are less invasive, less painful, and recovery is quick. However, people still put off dental treatments for various reasons, and dental anxiety is one of them. If you are one among them who delays dental implant due to dental fear, all you need is little preparation prior to the procedure. Today, in this blog, we have shared some of the tips to prepare for dental implants Sydney surgery.
How to prepare for dental implants Sydney surgery?
Small preparation before the surgery can help you feel relaxed during the surgery. Here’s what you need to do before the procedure:-
- Rinsing your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash can help keep germs at bay. Hence, rinse your mouth an hour before the surgery.
- If any antibiotics or you have opted for oral sedation, it is essential to the medicines prior to the appointment as suggested by your dentist.
- Eat healthy breakfast unless you have opted for IV sedation. In case you have opted IV sedation, you should stop eating by midnight the evening before the appointment. Follow what your dentist asks you to do.
- Ask someone to accompany you or arrange transportation for your house if you plan to opt for IV sedation.
- Resting after the surgery is crucial to make yourself comfortable and aid healing. So, clear the rest of your day. Of course, you won’t be in pain during the surgery. But, you’ll feel some discomfort. When you take off, you could get some rest and sleep well.
What to expect during dental implant surgery?
Cheap dental implants Sydney takes places in several stages and the time taken varies from one person to another. However, the following is the common process that usually performed during the dental implant placement.
- The dentist will numb the surgical site so that you will feel comfortable
- If there is a damaged tooth, it will be removed
- Then, the jaw will be prepared for the placement of the implant
- The dentist will make a hole and insert the implant inside the jawbone
- Finally, the gum will be closed over the implant and left to fuse with the jawbone naturally through a process called osseointegration.
- After this stage, the implant is left to heal and it may take anywhere from four to six months based on the condition of your oral and overall health.
Once the implant is healed and fused with the jawbone,
- A small incision is made on the gums to expose the implants
- Impressions of your mouth is taken
- And place your new crown over the implant.
As you see, this is the standard procedure followed during dental implant surgery. The healing time varies based on your health condition. When it comes to oral health, dental implants cost Sydney, or dental fear shouldn’t be a major concern. Dental implants cost Sydney is affordable and we offer flexible payment plans to make the treatment available for all.